The series follows Izuku Midoriya, a normal schoolboy who dreams of being a superhero like his father. After being Quirkless for most of his childhood, Izuku meets a young boy named All Might who suddenly grants him the power to become the next Symbol of Peace. It follows an inspirational high school story that proves that with hard work and determination, no matter who you are you can achieve your dreams.
Why is this show so popular among anime fans?
The series is a huge hit among anime fans for its interesting premise, well-balanced story, appealing characters, and mix of humor, drama, and action. A number of the fun facts listed below are based on what social media users commonly share when discussing My Hero Academia
Facts about the number of fans worldwide
My Hero Academia ranked first in social media buzz worldwide in 2017. It is being viewed by an estimated 250 million fans in over 100 nations, including China, Japan, and Korea.
Character Names and their voice Artist names
- Izuku Midoriya as Justin Briner
- Katsuki Bakugou as Clifford Chapin
- Tenya Iida as Michael Tatum
- Shoto Todoroki as David Matranga
- Eijiro Kirishima as Justin Cook
- Denki Kaminari as Kyle Phillips
- Fumikage Tokoyami as Josh Grelle
- Yuga Aoyama as Joel McDonald
- Mezo Shoji as Ian Sinclair
- Hanta Sero as Christopher Bevins
- Mashirao Ojiro as Mike McFarland
- Koji Koda as Greg Ayres
- Rikido Sato as Cris George
What makes the show interesting?
The show is popular among fans for its compelling characters, which include a number of quirky teenagers who provide comic relief. The story focuses on Izuku’s heroic aspirations and his attempts to overcome his Quirklessness. The series also explores some social issues such as bullying, giving hope to viewers that overcoming obstacles can lead to a happier life.
How popular are the characters?
- Izuku Midoriya – The protagonist of the series, who has extreme determination and a strong desire to help people. Despite his lack of special powers, he becomes the hero known as “the Symbol of Peace.”
- Katsuki Bakugou – A Quirkless middle school student who joins the villain organization, “One For All,” to become someone powerful enough to defeat his rival Tenya Iida. He eventually joins the League of Villains, becoming a major threat to the heroes.
- Shoto Todoroki – A Quirkless student who becomes friends with Izuku after saving him from bullies. He is a Stands-user and the coach of the U.S.A.’s national volleyball team.
- Tenya Iida – An athletic but unserious Quirkless student who joins the League of Villains to be stronger than his rival, Katsuki Bakugou..
Who can watch this show?
My Hero Academia is appropriate for teenagers and up, especially those aged 13 to 17. And for any anime lover
What makes this Anime different from others?
Before he is granted a superpower, Izuku Midoriya is Quirkless – a person without any special abilities. This all changes when the world’s greatest superhero, All Might bestows upon Izuku his powers in order to become the next Symbol of Peace. The story follows Izuku as he navigates the trials and tribulations of school life and training to become a worthy successor to his role model.