Tailored jackets are a staple in any woman’s wardrobe. They are ideal for formal and informal occasions because they are adaptable and can be dressed up or down. Nevertheless, choosing the best one can be difficult, given the abundance of possibilities. This guide will discuss the key factors to consider when buying womens blazers so that you can make an informed decision and purchase an overcoat you will love and wear for years.
Consider Your Body Type
The first step in buying a tailored jacket is considering your body type. Women come in all different sizes and shapes, and the proper coat can help to enhance your best features and elongate your form. Here are some suggestions to bear in mind:
- If your bust is larger, look for jackets with a V-neckline or a single button closure. These styles will help to elongate your torso and create a more balanced silhouette.
- Opt for coats with lapels or double-breasted styles if you have a smaller bust. These details will add volume and create the illusion of a larger chest.
- If you have wider hips, look for longer jackets or a slight flare at the bottom. These styles will help to balance out your proportions.
- If your upper half is shorter, opt for cropped or shorter-length overcoats. These styles will help to elongate your legs and create a more balanced look.
Fabric and Quality
The next factor to consider when buying a tailored jacket is the fabric and quality. A high-quality overcoat will not only look better, but it will also last longer. Here are a few things to look out for:
- Look for jackets made from natural fibres like wool or cotton. These materials are breathable and durable, making them a good investment.
- Check the quality of the stitching and construction. A well-made overcoat will have clean, even seams and no loose threads.
- Consider the lining. Not only will a high-quality lining improve the jacket’s overall appearance and feel, but it will also aid in preventing wear and tear.
Fit and Style
The fit and style of a blazer are also important factors to consider. Here are a few things to remember:
- Look for coats that fit well on the shoulders. This is the most important area to get right, as it will affect how the rest of the blazer drapes on your body.
- Consider the length of the sleeves. The sleeves should hit just above the wrist bone and allow for movement.
- Pay attention to the cut of the jacket. A slim-cut jacket will create a more streamlined look, while a boxier cut will be more relaxed.
- Think about the overall style of the jacket. A classic blazer is always a safe choice, but you can also consider more trendy options like a cropped bomber or a leather moto jacket.
Brand and Price
The brand and price of a tailored overcoat are also important factors to consider. Here are a few things to remember:
- Look for brands that specialise in tailored blazers. These brands will have more experience and expertise in creating high-quality jackets.
- Consider the price point. While a high-quality jacket is an investment, you don’t have to spend a fortune on one. Look for sales or discounted options, and consider buying off-season to get a better deal.
- Conduct research. Read testimonials and get advice from friends or family who have previously purchased fitted coats.
In conclusion, buying womens blazers can be daunting, but by considering your body type, fabric and quality, fit and style, and brand and price, you can make a more informed decision and purchase an overcoat that will serve you well for years to come. Remember to take your time, try different styles, and don’t be afraid to invest in high-quality overcoats that fit you well and make you feel confident. With the right tailored jacket, you can elevate any outfit and make a stylish statement.