There are countless movies and TV series which are based on novels, but there is a concept of artistic Liberty that involves molding things in such a way that it is compatible with the cinematic version.
This is something Outlander did in its fifth season when it used its artistic liberties to make the series in more compatible with the audience which is watching it instead of reading in a novel. A breath of snow and Ashes, which is Diana Gabaldon 6th book, is at the core of the fifth season, but it’s not like that as if the showrunners have directly replicated the book into a series.
This is something that makes the series more unique as the divergence is quite subtle, and fans truly loved the fifth season. This has accentuated the books for fans, and now they want to know the details of the sixth season. So this time, the producers have a huge burden as they have to adapt the book ok but make necessary changes to make it more compatible with the contemporary audience.
Five early spoilers if and should know if he’s planning to binge-watch the sixth season of outlanders
- This time the concept of time travel will be showcased with more sense than it was in the fifth season. The time travel concept has to be e meaningful, or else there is no point in going forward to the future when you have nothing to gain over there. This time around they are going to fix some issues with their daughter, and they will need Time Travel for it, so we are expecting more sensible use of this concept
- Claire’s unending trauma will be more prolonged in this season as we are planning more troubles in her way down the timeline. She will meet new people in this season, and thus we are expecting them to be trouble creators for sure as it has been evident from the past.
- Fergus and Marsali will be playing an instrumental role in this season as they are yet to do something substantial in the series. The potential of their rules have not been fully utilized, and this is something we are expecting in the sixth season to happen. This time they will be in a central role, and there will be much more happening with them in this season then what has happened to them in the last season.
- Lizzie will witness more twist in her life as she has been dealing with somebody who is one person but has two bodies. So this is going to complicate her situation for sure and this may change things for her.
- Jamie and Claire are also going to have there fair share of adventure. They are expected to move Scotland and then they are going to have a new set of adventure waiting for them. So even in the last leg of their journey, they will be making a substantial change in the storyline.